Monday, April 28, 2014

Salvaged Pumpkin Patch in Spring

What am I doing making a mini pumpkin quilt in April?! But isn't it cute?

This is a modified design based on what was leftover after my son took a pair of scissors to it!

This is what I found when I came back after making lunch... Even the dog knew something was wrong. haha

At this point I could see something really bad had happened...
This is just a tiny little quick project but I still stood there, frozen with my hands over my mouth.


Surveying the damage...
Three out of six of the rows had been pretty well maimed. I decided to try a layout with just the large pumpkin but found that I was still short about 4 oranges. After diving (picture dumpster diving) into my "stash" I surfaced with a couple acceptable replacements and swapped them in. I don't know about you, but it takes me a really long time to figure out how to make everything random. Isn't there a quilting term for that? If not, there should be.  I had to disassemble a lot of it to remove the cut up pieces and make the new design work. I still had fun even though it was pretty annoying walking in and finding that situation under the table. But I couldn't get mad. I know he wasn't trying to wreck anything - he was just trying to quilt! And who can fault him for that... I'll tell you though - it made me realize I need to step up my security system for my Jane Stickle quilt. Right now I have all my blocks in a couple bags and was planning on basting them to a king-sized sheet til I can finish it

So who needs two pumpkins anyway... There's still some stitching and finishing to do.

3 comments:

  1. oh my depending on how old he is I think he would be in deep do do in my house!!!! scarry all young ones like to cut hair usually but your project hmm how old is he? good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've followed and admired your Dear Jane plans and progress with interest.
    Have you ground to a halt? I did comment once before saying that I hoped to try your idea of re-arranging the blocks to make a secondary pattern, I'm trying and phew what a lot of work you put in. Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ᅯ￑￟￉ ᅦ£ᅫ￈■￑ ££ᅫᅬ ̄ᅦᅧ ᅦ£ ̄¦¦ᅭ£■￉ ₩ᅫᅬ ̄ᅦᅧ ᅦ£ᅰ■ᅦ¦￉ ￈ᅦ£ ̄ ̄￟£￉ ᅦ£ᅳ￑￈■￉ ᅦ£ᅮᅳ₩ᅬ■￉ ᅪ■ᅨ ᅧ￞₩ ̄ ᅦ£ᅯ￑￟￉ ￈￟ᅦ￝￉ ᅧ￝ᅦᅰ■£ ᅦ£ᅰ■ᅦ¦￉ ￈ᅦ£¦ᅮ￈￉ ££ ̄¦ᅭ£ ᅪ■ᅨ ᅧ￞₩ ̄ ᅦ£ᅯ￑￟￉ ᅧ￑ ̄■ ̄ ᅦ£ ̄¦ᅦᅭ£ ₩ᅳᅭ£ ᅦ£ᅫᅭᅦ¦ᅦᅧ ₩ᅳᅭ£ ᅦ£ᅢᅮ￘ᅪ ￈ᅢ￝ᅱ£ ᅦ£ᅳ₩ᅦᅭ£ ᅯ￑￟ᅧ¦ᅦ ¥■ ᅦ£ᅢ￝ᅱ£ ᅳ£■￟ ̄ ￈ᅦ£ᅧ₩ᅦᅰ£  ̄ᅳ¦ᅦ ᅦ£ᅢ¦ ᅯ￑￟￉ ᅧ¦￙■￝ ￈ᅦ￈¥ᅦ
    ᅯ￑￟￉ ᅳᅭ£ ᅦᅮ￘ᅪ ￈ᅦ￈¥ᅦ
    ᅯ￑￟￉  ̄￟ᅦ￝ᅪ￉ ᅪᅯ￑ᅦᅧ ￈ᅫ ̄■ᅮ  ̄ᅯ■￘
    ᅯ￑￟￉ ￟ᅯ￝ ᅧᅮ￑￈ᅦᅧ ᅦ£ ̄■ᅦ¥ ￈¦ᅩ￑ᅦ¦
    ᅯ￑￟￉ ￟ᅯ￝ ᅧᅮ￑￈ᅦᅧ ᅦ£ ̄■ᅦ¥ ￈ᅫ ̄■ᅮ  ̄ᅯ■￘
    ᅯ￑￟￉ ᅳᅭ£ ᅦᅮ￘ᅪ ￈ᅫ ̄■ᅮ  ̄ᅯ■￘
    ᅯ￑￟￉ ¦￞£ ᅦᅨᅦᅨ ￈ᅦ￈¥ᅦ

    ReplyDelete