Monday, January 9, 2012

Appomattox Courthouse

The various pieces... sashings, inset triangles, corner triangles, blocks,
fabrics, instructions and my project summary sheet...

The Quilt Merchant's beautiful sample, kit (see how irresistible they are?!) and charming display.
The whole experience is always a pleasure.
a test layout. swapped in mixed shirtings for the triangles.

I am using most of the fabric I got in the kit from the Quilt Merchant. Most of it is from the lovely
"Williamsburg Centennial Collection 1780-1880" by Windham.
I particularly love this rusty pillar print they used for the inner sashings.
I can't find the fabric used for the setting so I am using a variety of muted cream/tan shirtings.

cutting some of the inset triangles blocks into quarters





No comments:

Post a Comment