Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Christmas in June


Vintage rick-rack hanger... quilted body...
and vintage buttons on the bottom...
It's Christmas in June! Here we are again... the final days of the school year and nothing in hand ready to go for end-of-the-year teacher gifts. With a son with special needs, teacher gifts doesn't mean one or two gifts - it means 13. A thank you note or a $10 gift card just doesn't seem to cut it - I always INTEND to do better next time - something hand-made... something quilty maybe? Which brings me to Christmas... These were actually Christmas gifts (in my imagination) that I never got around to making...

Anyone recognize this block? I took the Christmassy "Michigan Dunes" block, lopped off the top, scaled it down, and started piecing... Turned out cute I think - a lot of work though... Only 2.5 down, many more to go. Will she get it done? Or will she pull something else out of her ass? Will she be able to part with a good stash of vintage buttons to people who may not even appreciate them (?) Well, at the very least, I ended up with a couple cute new ornies.

trying to remind myself to "go this way!" amazing how messy
it all looks before it gets trimmed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment